Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Decorate around Brown Sofa with Peach and Beige accent

The Brown Sofa that looked absolutely gorgeous in the showroom, does not look that great in your living room. Darling, Its all got to do with accessories !! Any sofa can look good with the right decor. Check out the brown sofa above, its just plain brown - if you were to remove the accent pillows and the pictures above it - you won't give it a second look.

The decorators have used beige, peach with hint of green accent pillows to pair with the brown sofa. And the same colors are repeated above with the pictures on the wall. Since the accent colors are repeated vertically i.e above and below - it gives it a "finished classy look". But even if you were to get nice pillows how do u get coordinating pictures. Well !! I have used this decorating trick over and over. If I can't find the pictures with the right colors, I just get scrapbook papers with the color scheme I need, from the local crafts store like Michael's. Second, get nice clean lined frames from retail stores (generally black, dark brown work quite well) with dimensions greater than 10 x 11. Either I just frame the scrapbook paper or use it as a matt for a black and white picture which I download from the Web. Voila !! Accent Pillows from Pier1 and Picture Frames from Walmart and I achieve the designer look in less than $100. Decorating can be lot of fun just pay attention to the little details like accessories that all the well decorated rooms need.

4 comments:

  1. I used the scrapbook paper and just framed. It looks fabulous in my daughter bedroom. Thankyou for the great advise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog helps for people like me looking for ideas. I am looking to bring my old brownish sofa to life. Would love to get more such ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED your work with the brown sofas... any suggestions for a dark chocolate brown with walls painted light sunny yellow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is interesting. Thanks for the updates through your blog

    ReplyDelete